Signature

I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m ‘bad’. – Mike Fuhrman

Daily Science News

Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Sure Sign of Spring

Each morning, a few moments after I open my eyes, I have the same thought:  "I get to live another day".  We are so lucky to be able to have so many senses that allow us to revel in the beauty and wonder of Spring, and new life.
My favorite sound, the churping of nocturnal peepers, lull me to sleep, thru the tiny crack of my window opened to welcome the cool evening air.  The peepers represent renewal and bring a sense of calm to my private world.


The tulips are creeping up through the hardened earth, happy to have the same opportunity to live again as do I. 


Tiny blooms are popping up on the delicate trees that were tortured and abused as winter roared in with a vengence...they showed signs of fatique and dispair at one time, but as the weather warms, the earth softens and the days grow longer, they show signs of being given another chance; to grow bigger, taller and stronger, once again.
The Spring sends us an important message; no matter how bad things look or how down we get about life, with steadfast determination and a stoic regard for life and all that it offers, we find that if we are just alittle patient, things do indeed...get better...let's be thankful for having another day to live....and make it the best day you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment