Signature

I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m ‘bad’. – Mike Fuhrman

Daily Science News

Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Peace off-Trail

We often find ourselves wanting to follow someone or something more often than not. We seemingly "stay the course" without giving it another thought. But, how often do we think about going off the course? How often do we think about taking the road less travelled or even, never travelled? Why do we always feel that we must follow? Once, while hiking thru the woods on a trail with my boyfriend, a trail that we had hiked numerous times, I suddenly had the thought to change "course". Something told me to go left, thru a much less travelled, narrow path, somewhat covered with briars and littered with various stones, pinecones and acorns. After walking appoximately two minutes thru this hidden path, we came upon this lovely site pictured on the left. Someone at some point, had the same thought I had! To mark their secret, they built this natural shrine, an ode to finding their own path. See what we can find when we venture off path?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Bella...you found a really beautiful sacred space! I love the shrine. I deviated from the path expected of me a few years ago...I have never regretted it. My life is so much better now because I chose to walk down a different one.

    ReplyDelete