Signature

I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m ‘bad’. – Mike Fuhrman

Daily Science News

Monday, April 11, 2011

Our Responsiblity to the Planet

While driving in my car, or simply walking down the street, I notice something very disturbing...litter.  Everywhere.  What the hell is the matter with people?  From the ignorant, rude, unintelligent morons that throw the trash outdoors to the one's that simply...drive and walk right past.  How hard is it to take a trash bag and pick up some of the garbage that litters your own street or neighborhood? 
When proposition two and a half went into affect, we had a choice; we could pitch in to some extent and help our community where possible and needed, or...we could look the other way.  From what I see just in my area, we've chosen to pretty much go with the latter.   Humans can be lazy and pathetic.  If you paid a half million dollars for your house, are you seriously ok with having litter strewn about your "McMansion" and the abutting castles?
Whether I'm walking alone, or pushing my infant grandson along in his stroller, I always pick up litter.  Sometimes it one or two small items, or times it's a bag full.  Did it kill me?  Break my back?  Use up too much of my "time"???
It's time we all get off our high horses and do what needs to be done.  If we're waiting for the city employees to do it...we're going to find ourselves knee-deep in garbage...but of course, we don't have any problem complaining about all the litter now do we?
We need to grow up, get our heads out of our asses, roll up oursleeves and not be a society of spoiled rotten children, who merely look like adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment